By Pierce Brown Golden Son: Book II of the Red Rising Trilogy [Hardcover] - Pierce Brown

For seven hundred years, my people have been enslaved without voice, without hope. Now I am their sword. And I do not forgive. I do not forget. So let him lead me onto his shuttle. Let him think he owns me. Let him welcome me into his house, so I might burn it down.

DESTROY THEM DARROW!!!!
DESTROY THEM ALL!!!

I can’t do justice to this book with my review, so I’ll just say read this book! I absolutely loved Golden Son, it continues, a couple of years after Red Rising ended, the epic story of Darrow and his amazing friends. With lots of plot twists and turns, so you have absolutely no idea where the story is headed. The writing is simply amazing and beautiful. And holy shit that ending! 2016 seems so far away...

The only critique I have is that I had to wait 61 pages until:

“I want to bring the Howlers back. And Sevro.”

YESSSSS! SEVRO!!!

And then another 89 pages until finally:

Sevro has come, and he’s brought friends.
Lightning. Thunder again and this time it illuminates his slash of a smile and the eight floating killers behind him. Nine Howlers in all. Small, cruel little devils waiting in darkness, silhouetted by the crackling of the storm’s electricity.

YESSSSS!!!!

Now, I’ve debated with myself over whether or not I should mention this, because it should not have to be said. It should always be this way. Sadly however it isn’t. And I am just so fucking happy about reading a book with an amazingly strong female character and a non rage beast male character (who was raised in a patriarchal society), so I'm just going to put this here:

“Shame you don’t respect me enough to suppose that I have my own plan. You think I’m here because my aching loins thrust me into Bellona arms. Please. I’m no bitch in heat. I protect my family by any means necessary.”
making me feel an idiot obsessed with chivalry. Of course she does not need me to save her.
I had to leave Mustang behind. She knows what she is doing. Somehow I had managed to forget that. She always knows what she is bloody doing.